I love fresh herbs, which I use for most of my cooking or simply dried as herbal tea. I used to struggle with keeping my herbs fresh and usable because fresh herbs just don’t last in the fridge. This recipe for herb sauce extends the shelf life of the herbs while creating a delicious condiment for your kitchen. You can use single herbs or a combination of herbs for this sauce. Play around with your favourite combo.
HERB SAUCE: (Makes 500ml)
- 4 handfuls of fresh herbs (any herb that you love like coriander, parsley, basil, mint, etc)
- 3 garlic cloves
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Roughly chop the herbs, then add them to the blender together with the garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Blend together until well combined and smooth
2. Season with salt and pepper to taste
3. Spoon into a sterilised jar, then topped with a layer of olive oil for preserving the sauce
4. This herb sauce can be used on everything, as a sauce for pasta, spread and can be added to stews as flavouring, over grilled veggies, and inside wraps.