Welcome to Realise A Dream
Realise A Dream launched
In May 2021, we launched Realise A Dream (RAD) – We called for young Food Entrepreneurs around Cape Town to enter the competition. Entrants had to have a valid South African ID, be between the ages of 18-24 years and have a final product/menu. Fantastic prizes were offered to those who made the top 10 with 3 winners being chosen for the grand prize.
RAD 2021 Top 3 Finalists
Weeks went into preparation and training our RAD finalists to present their product on 16 June. Our RAD HQ was based at Makers Landing at the V&A Waterfront. Training was provided by Over the Rainbow, Maker’s Landing, GrandWest Casino & Entertainment World and Heavy Chef.
Each contestant had to present their product before a panel of judges which included celebrity chef Zola Nene, sustainability activist Mokgadi Itsweng and Woolworth Taste editor Abigail Donelley to name a few. Our judges were also representative of our business partners for the RAD competition.
ALL 20 FINALISTS:
- Interactive Entrepreneurship Workshop – Over the Rainbow
- Perfecting Your Pitch Facilitation – Over the Rainbow
- 67 logo design for your business – Over the Rainbow
- Product Hampers – Libstar
- Mr Ackerman’s book – A Sprat To Catch A Mackerel by Raymond Ackerman
- Branded Stationery and T-shirts – Sun International GrandWest
- All finalists will be observed and one winner will be selected for two months subsidy in the Incubation Programme and R2500 Kitchen Hours at Makers Landing – Makers Landing
ADDITIONAL PRIZES FOR 4 CATEGORY WINNERS:
- Capital Expenditure towards your business valued at R25 000 per winner – Sun International
- 7 Month Golden Mentorship Programme – Over the Rainbow
- Entrepreneurship Business Services for 1 year – Nexia-SABT
- R5000 cash donation per winner – Nexia-SABT
- R50 000 cash towards training/studies at an institution of your choice for the Farming Produce or Husbandry category – Pick n Pay
- YOCO Khumo Card Machines – YOCO
- Personalised chefs and Agripreneur jackets for each winner – 220 Fahrenheit
BAKING & CONFECTIONARY AND FOOD PRODUCTS OR PROCESSING CATEGORIES WINS:
- Training & Development – Libstar
- Food Service & Food Safety training – Libstar
- A day spent at procurement with Libstar
- Product prizes tailored and suited to your business needs – Libstar
How Can You Get Involved As A Sponsor/Partner?
Creating change and opportunities in our communities is not something we can achieve alone. Therefore, the Realise A Dream Food Enterprise Development Programme is open to potential partnerships and sponsors. Together, we can create better Food Entrepreneurs and Agripreneurs in the Cape’s food industry!
Let’s aim to develop our local food supply chain and end hunger and malnutrition in our communities. We invite your business to help invest through the financial, product or service donations.
Watch Previous RAD Competition
Meet our RAD 2021 Finalists. Simply click on the video below to get a glimpse of our previous RAD competition.